Best Dermatology Clinic in Pune
The Department of DERMATOLOGY in Holistic Hospital is committed to providing specialized treatments and excellent comprehensive care for our patients. The Department of DERMATOLOGY is well equipped with State of the ART lab facilities and Experienced Clinical Team.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine that deals with skin, nails, hair and its diseases. It is a specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist treats ailments and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails. A dermatologist can help in improving complete appearance of a person with a lot of confidence counselling. Here are few treatments provided in the department of dermatology at Eternis Clinic:
Treatment of Dermatology
What is Acne?
Acne is a chronic inflammatory disease of the sebaceous hair follicles often referred to as pimples or zits. This usually appears on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. It can be a source of emotional distress, and severe cases can lead to permanent acne scars.
How does it form?
Each follicle contains a tiny hair and multiple sebaceous glands. Under normal circumstances, sebum, the oily substance made by the sebaceous glands, travels up the hair follicle and out to the skin`s surface. Acne is caused by an excessive amount of abnormal oil production, blockage of the openings to the oil producing glands (resulting in tiny blackheads) and also due to a bacterium, Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) which causes inflammation in the blocked glands.
Who gets Acne?
Anyone can have acne at any age, but teenagers are most prone because of the surging adolescent hormone levels. Under influence of these hormones oil glands produce excess oil.
What are the factors precipitating Acne?
- Hormonal changes during Pregnancy, stress and just before menses
- Oily Comedogenic Cosmetics or hair products
- Oral Medicines containing Steroids, testosterone, Estrogens
- Food – Whey proteins, Oily & Dairy food products
- Environmental Factors – Excess Sun exposure & sweating, high humidity
- Medical conditions like PCOS, SAHA syndrome, Hyperprolactinemia
How can it be treated?
Almost all cases of acne can be effectively treated. The goal of acne treatment is to heal existing lesions, stop new lesions from forming, and prevent acne scars. Treatment varies from topical medications alone to oral medicines along with Chemical peels and laser treatments. So treatment depends on the type of your skin and acne severity.
How long do I have to take treatment?
Unfortunately there is no fixed duration of treatment for acne. Once your acne is under control (which may take few months), a maintenance therapy is advised which aims at preventing new lesions. Stopping treatment on your own after initial response, may lead to recurrence of acne.
Skin care tips for Acne Prone Skin
- Keep your face clean off dirt and oil with mild cleanser
- Make sure not to touch and pick the pimples.
- Use clean towels while wiping your face (Not vigorously)
- Ensure that pillow you use has a clean cover that is washed at regular intervals
- Eat Fresh and healthy food. Avoid oily and junk Food. Limit dairy food intake (Including Chocolates)
- Stay away from direct sunlight as much possible. Cover yourself properly with non oily sunscreen and umbrellas when you go out
- Use Skin care products, Makeup and cosmetics labeled as “non-comedogenic” (means it does not promote acne)
- Always follow treatment protocols given by your dermatologist