Not only is skin the largest organ of the human body, but it is also the organ constantly exposed to the outside world, interacting with the environment.
The general health condition of our body as well as the effects of environment influence how our skin appears as we age.
Aging is a natural phenomenon and thus is unavoidable. It has huge impact on skin thus visible signs of aging can be first seen on our skin.
Aging is largely influenced by internal factors like genetics and external factors like sunlight, pollution, stress, dietary habits and addictions.
These factors cause gradual damage to all the layers of the skin and reduce its ability to repair itself.
This appears as (Signs of aging)
- fine and coarse wrinkling with loss of elasticity (loss of elastin and collagen)
- Pigmentary changes leading to uneven skin tone
- Dry & rough Skin texture
- Sagging skin
- Volume loss
Wrinkles are lines and creases formed on skin as we age. Most distinctly visible on our facial skin.
Wrinkles can be static or dynamic. Static wrinkles are a result of reduced collagen and elastin in deeper skin layers. They are visible even when face is at rest. Dynamic wrinkles are visible while expressing emotions like smiling or worrying. They are a result of overuse of underlying muscles.
Are you aware that from the age of 25 onwards there is a steady depletion of collagen of 1% every year! Over the years, the skin loses its elasticity, it produces fewer and fewer collagen and elastin fibers causing the skin to lose its tone. The skin becomes flabby and wrinkles are formed.
At first, fine lines start to form between the nose and the mouth, around the eyes and on the forehead. Over a period, laughter creases, crow`s feet and frown lines start to appear. Gradually due to gravity, deep folds develop downwards seen as sagging cheeks, jowl and drooping eyelids.
The best way to delay aging is by preventing Micro-aging (which starts even when you are in your 20’s)
This is achieved by starting early with good skin care routine such as using a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily in addition to gentle skin cleansers, rejuvenating creams containing retinoic acid and different anti-oxidants including vitamins C and peptides.
In addition to this there are some relatively simple non-surgical procedures at Eternis Clinic designed to keep those early signs of ageing at bay! Prevention is better than cure is our Mantra. When done at regular intervals these are one of the best ways to keep looking your best!
These therapies are designed to prevent all signs of aging and suitable for all skin types irrespective of gender.
- Eternis Medi-facials
- Anti-aging peeling treatments
- GFC Therapy
- Medical Skin Needling (MNRF)
- Fractional CO2 Photo-rejuvenation
Once the signs of aging appear, the treatment plans are designed as Repair treatments. Topical and oral antioxidant and anti-aging products are not enough to keep wrinkles from happening.
The treatment options for addressing these changes may be simplified into five categories called as 5R’s to target all layers of skin
- Rejuvenating – Textural & Pigmentary changes of aged skin can be improved with
- Anti-Aging Peeling Treatments
- Anti-Aging Eternis Medi-facials
- Deep skin Hydration therapy
These are simple yet very effective treatment options to reverse the damage as well as preserve the quality of your skin.
- Relaxing – one of our best and easiest ways to prevent fixed wrinkles from forming is by relaxing dynamic wrinkles with Neuromodulators (frown lines, forehead lines, crow feet)
- Refilling of skin– Refilling of diminished subcutaneous tissue/ volume loss by restoring 3D volume with Fillers
- Remodeling– These procedures work by heating the dermis using energy such as RF or light which stimulates the skin to produce extra, new collagen whilst remodeling existing collagen. Collagen forms the main framework of skin and gives it the firmness. New collagen formation leads to tightening effect giving the face a more youthful appearance. This is great for static as well as early wrinkles, rough texture & open pores
- Fractional CO2 laser photo-rejuvenation
- Micro-needle radiofrequency
- GFC Therapy
- Re-lifting– A face lift can help to restore a more youthful appearance by tightening the skin and muscles of the face and neck. Gaining popularity are ‘Non-Surgical Face Lifts’ which include
- RF Skin Tightening
- Thread Lifts
You can usually return straight to your normal activities following the various non-surgical face lift techniques, making it a great choice for those who do not want to undergo surgery.